Female First Mate required onboard 70ft Ketch for an all-female sailing expedition to circumnavigate the globe, supporting the Skipper, Mission Leader and Guest Crew onboard.
The successful candidate will join the professional crew to deliver eXXpedition Round the World. eXXpedition organise all-women sailing trips exploring the impact of plastics and toxics in our ocean.
Duration: September 2019 - September 2021
Draft itinerary: Departing UK waters in October 2019 - North Atlantic, Panama Canal, Pacific Ocean, Indian Ocean, Cape of Good Hope, South Atlantic to the Arctic and returning to the UK in September 2021.
This is a diverse role, primarily supporting the Skipper for the duration of the voyage and refit period. As a professional seafarer and experienced sailor you will be second in command, responsible for facilitating scientists and guest crew with their daily tasks, plus ongoing daily maintenance onboard, overseeing deck operations, leadership and sail training for guest crew onboard.
- Yachtmaster Offshore with Commercial Endorsement
- Proficiency in Medical Care
- Powerboat L2
- Full Drivers License
Required Skills and Experience:
- Offshore experience, minimum as First Mate; preferably as Skipper
- Experience within sail training, teaching or coaching
- Experience with charter and guest crew
- In-depth knowledge of navigation and phenomenal seamanship skills
- Experience with refits plus ongoing daily maintenance onboard sailing vessels
- Impeccable time management, highly motivated and adaptable
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Inventory management
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.